My client is one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe, supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry
As an Imports Planner, you will focus on the 'transactional' elements of Import shipments, this will range from perishable fruit and veg to chemicals & gases and everything in-between.
Upon instruction received from suppliers via shipment pre-alerts, the planner will have responsibility for updating and sending a daily excel matrix, preparing customs entry build up sheets and the actual customs clearance.
In the role your responsibilities will include:
- Making PHSI applications to a government website and liaising directly with plant health inspectors for release of product.
- Producing collection and delivery notes for internal and external trucking solutions.
- Controlling cost accruals and customer invoicing using freight operational system (FCL).
- Your responsibilities
- Liaising with airlines to have record created for clearance in a timely manner.
- Ensuring correct HS codes are used and updated where required.
- Timely progress and information updates direct to client and operational picking team based in Hemel Hempstead
- Internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Cost Accrual to business software.
- Invoicing customers through business software.
- Accurate application uploads to FERA (PEACH) website ensuring timely product release
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of Air-freight, import customs clearances using ASM GEMS or Sequoia software
- HMRC Tariff understanding/Awareness
- Working with overseas agents
- Freight forwarding background or 3PL/4PL experience
- Multi Modal experience
- Air - Freight Export knowledge
- Working knowledge of plant health applications on Defra (Peach)
- Operations system (FCL) Forward Computers Ltd.
- Freight forwarding systems
- HMRC customs procedures
- Defra (PEACH) Applications
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- To be highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £30k (dependant on the shift) and a chance to work in an environment that is focused on developing their people to enable them to reach their full potential.
There is also an attractive benefits package, which includes pension, healthcare and 25 days annual leave.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.