A pioneering company of tasty, nutritious products is looking for a buyer to join their team. With a clear vision and strategy and investment behind their brands, the business is experiencing significant growth so it is an exciting time to be joining the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small portfolio of suppliers and products to deliver best in class innovation, quality and price
- Supporting and implementing Central sourcing strategies
- Supplier negotiations and performance management
- Building strong relationships internally across all divisions and externally within the supply base
- Involvement in supply optimisation projects, for example tenders
- Project management of key product launches, working closely with NPD and marketing
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in a junior buying / assistant buyer position
- Have experience working with food products ideally, but other fmcg product experience will be considered
- Be experienced in supplier negotiations, supplier management and supply optimisation projects
- Be a self starter who focuses on actions and outcomes
- Be a creative thinker
- Be an ambitious individual looking to progress their buying career at pace
- Have a passion for food
This is a great opportunity for a junior buyer looking to further their career within a growing business. If you have the skills and experience required and are looking for a role with excellent development prospects then we would welcome your application.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.