A leading retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Junior Buyer to oversee one of the growing product divisions in the Grocery category. As a Buyer you will be responsible for the trading plan to reduce costs and optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable and progressive financial support.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- To develop, implement, and review a trading plan
- Reduce costs where possible with suppliers
- Optimise terms with suppliers that are beneficial for both parties
- Increase profit generated
- Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Buying/Trading, Assistant or Junior Buying level within Food Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards P & L budgets
- Experience with Branded or Own-Brand ranges
- Range Planning
- Working closely with Planning, Distribution & Marketing teams
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Private healthcare, Car & Gym Membership . If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q96676.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.