This position is with one of the UK's most iconic retailers in the UK. It's a department store that provides both branded and own-branded merchandise & products for their customers & is looking after their core UK market.
The role is looking after a team that will look after Gifts, Toys, Plush, Entertainment & Stationary categories.
In this position you will be working alongside the Category Manager's you'll use your knowledge of stock management, forecasting & range planning to allow the right product and availability to get to the stores focusing on all product areas and dealing with a high number of SKU's.
The ultimate role is to deliver & effectively manage the planning & allocation of stock to deliver the sales plan through inspirational leadership of your people.
Your responsibilities include -
- Managing the OTB for the business
- Managing a team of 4-5 people within merchandising, international & space planning.
- To contribute to the strategic planning of the Buying and Merchandising function and deliver the planned strategy for the international stores.
- Being able to forecast sales, stock and margin
- Identifying opportunities and risks for the categories
- To own and maintain the overall buying critical path.
- Collate, coordinate and manage the WSSI to define stock and intake targets
- Liaising with the Financial planning team to maintain cash flow targets in the UK and Internationally.
- Working closely with the category & Quality assurance team.
- Oversee the on-going replenishment of all stores while meeting availability targets and operating within set budgets .
- Approve all markdown activity to achieve the margin and markdown budget.
To be successful you must -
- To be successful at this position you'll already be an Senior or Merchandise Manager from a retailer but are open to category whether this is from a department store, supermarket, fashion or mixed good retailer.
- International merchandising experience is desirable and understanding the complexity and costs for international shipment & allocation of stock.
- As well as experience they are looking for a strong team leader where you are strategically driving the team.
- Confident in own actions and decision making.
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy & can maintain a positive frame of mind in others.
- You'll also have excellent excel skills and will be a fantastic problem solver who can work with data to quickly identify solutions.
- Microsoft Office & Advanced Excel skill set and experience in using merchandising management systems,
- Island Pacific experience would be an advantage,
In reward you will have the opportunity to work in a UK leading retailer and also have further benefits that include bonus, competitive pension & staff discount. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99986A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.