Are you a Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser who is looking for new challenge or the chance to work with international markets?
This position is with one of the UK's most iconic retailers in the UK. It's a department store that provides both branded and own-branded merchandise & products for their customers. This is looking after their fastest growing international markets and supporting their company-owned stores within this market.
In this position you will be working alongside the Category Manager you'll use your knowledge of stock management, forecasting & range planning to allow the right product and availability to get to the stores focusing on all product areas and dealing with a high number of SKU's.
Your responsibilities include -
- Being able to forecast sales, stock and margin
- Identifying opportunities and risks
- To contribute to the strategic planning of the Buying and Merchandising function and deliver the planned strategy for the international stores.
- Maximising sales and profit opportunities while achieving stock and availability targets.
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets for this cluster of international stores.
- Managing and leading another MAA/Allocator & Assistant Merchandiser.
- Oversee the on-going replenishment of all stores while meeting availability targets and operating within set budgets .
- Approve all markdown activity to achieve the margin and markdown budget.
- To liaise with the Space Planner to ensure that relevant communication is sent to the stores regarding availability, product and price/promotional activity.
- Identify risk areas and take action on slow selling stock to ensure the discontinued stock.
To be successful you must -
To be successful at this position you'll already be an established Junior or Merchandiser preferable from a retailer but are open to category whether this is from a department store, supermarket, fashion or mixed good retailer.
International merchandising experience is desirable not at all essential- its more about the core skills that is needed!
As well as experience they are looking for a strong team player & leader as you will be a no.2 to the Merchandise Manager. You'll also have excellent excel skills and will be a fantastic problem solver who can work with data to quickly identify solutions.
In reward you will have the opportunity to work in a world-class retailer with bonus, staff discount and pension. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q99277.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.