Homewares Product Technologist- Lighting & Accessories
Great new role for an extremely successful business!
A well-established high-end specialist furniture and home wares retailer is looking for an experienced and highly creative Product Developer/Product Technologist to join their team to work on their Lighting & Accessories category.
The role of the Product Technologist will involve the following responsibilities:
- Developing new products for the lighting, accessories and hard goods category, ensuring that it complements existing product ranges
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the development of market leading and competitive products
- Work closely with the Range Manager in the creation of product specs and pricing strategies
- Manage relationships and negotiate with key suppliers, manufacturers and designers
- Present the collection to the senior teams
- Ensure the high-quality standard of all product samples
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications:
- Proven track record in a product tech or development role within a retail or retail supplier environment
- Experience of working with external third party suppliers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent technical and up-to-date homewares trend knowledge
- Project management skills
Although this role focuses on Lighting and accessories, you could potentially be from a high-end Furniture, Kitchen Ware or Gifting/Seasonal Product Development background. You could also potentially be a junior product developer looking for your next career step!
This is a highly challenging position in a remarkably successful business and in return for your hard work and commitment, assures a rewarding salary of up to £50k. If you enjoy these challenges and are looking for a new position, send us an up to date CV today quoting reference no. Q102661
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.