Leading international retail group are currently in the market to appoint a buying manager to oversee one of their latest adventure.
The ideal candidate will be coming form a retailing background within a recognized retail or FMCG company, and will be responsible for -
- Contributing to the further development of the general buying strategy including PL/PB, and implementing the category conceptual ranges and buying plan, aimed at maximising turnover and profitability
- Strategic planning and visioning, leadership and team management, influence, communication
- Through supervision and direction, developing and ensuring implementation of a brand strategy together with range and buying plans and implemented for each profit centre, based among other aspects on trends, competition analysis, evaluations and feedback from the stores. - Partner and influence strategic planning and budgeting process with the general manager through category strategy
- Directing and monitoring the PGO Sourcing
-Contracting and product development process for all PL/PB products, in line with the total mix within the category
- Drive a balanced, effective product assortment that meets or exceeds revenue targets and growth
- Drawing up and supervising the implementation of the commercial programme per profit centre
- Set financial standards and goals for the category team and ensure consistent execution, process and accountability
- Initiating concept development and concept innovation, and monitoring their implementation on the shop floor
- Ensuring adequate supplier management by entering into framework contracts, monitoring and adjusting the performance of suppliers and managing the relationship on a strategic, tactical and operational level
- Effective communication (including store visits) and evaluations with Store management in respect of renovations, concept layout, Visual merchandising, commercial campaigns and collaboration with concessionaires
- Reporting and if necessary timely adjustment of performance per category.
- Through supervision, coaching and knowledge transfer, ensuring optimum quality (and quantity) among staff, who then work and continue to develop in a good employment climate, effectively and efficiently
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a strong package.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.