An exciting opportunity has arisen for an established British company with a strong heritage known worldwide; this retailer is looking for an exceptional Quality Assurance Technician to join their Quality Control division within the UK on a temporary basis
The position on offer is a short term placement and likely to run up to 3 months.
In the role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all products sold in UK stores are safe and comply with all applicable Safety Directives and standards, that products are approved for sale and that Own Brand packaging has all legal and safety statements before printing.
- Determining, implementing and maintaining appropriate process and procedures to ensure a consistency of product quality, safety/performance and legal compliance for all products sold in UK stores.
- To ensure that the business is kept abreast of forthcoming legislation that could impact on the company's due diligence procedures.
- Managing the approval process, to Green Seal, on all products sourced domestically within UK/EU and Non-Far East, provide technical advice to suppliers and buyers for given product areas and keep up to date with current regulations, legislation and standards.
- Collating, coordinating, reviewing/approving and compiling test reports for new and existing markets, including CoCs and/or Declarations of Conformity and maintain records of compliance
- Working with UK suppliers to maintain a library of product certificates, as required.
- Supporting the Hong Kong QA Manager in all activities to ensure products comply with all necessary Safety legislation and standards in all countries of operation.
- Developing the relationship with a third party lab in the UK and Far East
- WEEE calculations and packaging waste calculations and submission.
- Ad hoc duties including inspection reports, creating warning labels before the shipment of some products, new market research, and being up to date with relevant trademark information
To be successful in this role you will
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence,
- Have excellent inter-personal skills,
- Be professional and logical in your approach to problem solving,
- Display high levels of enthusiasm and energy,
- Maintain a positive 'can do' attitude in all circumstances,
- Be Innovative and creative,
- Have an ability to work to deadlines,
- Be Flexible in your approach to work,
- Show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
- Possess a complete understanding of all legal and compliance requirement related to Toys/Gifts and Cosmetic products
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive a basic salary of between £30k-£40k plus an attractive benefits package.
If you have the relevant experience please apply now with an up to date CV quoting reference Q102864
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.