A leading retailer is looking to recruit a Buyer Manager to oversee a key product area in their gifting & stationary category. As a Buyer you will be responsible for the buying & planning of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
The Category is non-food - Gifting, Card Wrap & Stationary. Like for Like product experience is desirable but not essential however is looking for an established, progressive Buyer within any Food or Health background who can make the transition!
The Responsibilities for this role include:
Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
Be involved with New Product Development & own brand development
· Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers
Development and planning of ranges
· Maintain sales and profit according to budget
· Responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within FMCG, Stationary, Heath, Beauty or Gifting Retail or FMCG background.
- Track record of success within your career
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Product Development experience desirable not essential
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Maintain and developed supplier relationships
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business and will have the opportunity to develop your career for the long term, including share option, car and various other benefits. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q98517.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.