A very successful specialist retailer is looking to hire a Buying Manager to head up their electrical and photographic category.
This is a significant role within the company, and allows for someone who enjoys the blue-sky strategic elements coupled with a hands-on approach to your day-to-day role.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Development of a team of 5 buyers and online traders
- Management of suppliers to ensure best price, timely delivery and sustainable future growth
- Management of on and offline channels
- Market analysis and development of the pricing strategy
- Working with the marketing team to ensure promotional activity corresponds with product availability
The right candidate will be passionate about all things electrical or photographic, and will be relatively up to speed on the latest technological developments.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience of retail buying (preferably electrical)
- Be an accomplished manager, able to lead from the front and inspire others to follow
- Understand the true meaning of commerciality!
- Be an outstanding relationship builder
This is a once in a lifetime role! The position has come about as a result of continued growth and is a new position within a relatively flat structure.
There is a basic salary of up to £55k on offer, with good bonus and benefits.
If you have experience in all of the above and are looking for an exciting new challenge, please apply today using an up-to-date CV or feel free to call Andrew Walker on 0208 222 0555 for a confidential discussion.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.