As a result of continued, rapid growth, our client, a leader in the foodservice and hospitality sector, is looking to recruit a Head of Food Purchasing.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing purchasing best practice and drive projects that will deliver cost savings, service enhancement and quality improvements across the business while also developing supplier and pricing strategies to deliver maximum value to the business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing all food suppliers and contracts for purchased items
- Involvement in all aspects of the purchasing cycle from sourcing and negotiations to supplier management and performance
- Developing comprehensive and improved service level agreements across all key suppliers
- Developing excellent working relationships with all suppliers
- Managing of the entire menu process, from concept to launch and working closely with the Food Development Team to identify new suppliers, quality improvements, etc.
- Managing the complete supply chain and drive continuous improvement
- Delivering strategic projects that drive the business forwards
Specific experience and skills required
- Strong commercial skills and financial awareness
- Experience negotiating on and purchasing a range of food categories
- Experience working in retail, foodservice or hospitality environments
- Powerful communication skills, able to establish and maintain relationships and engage key people at all levels within the business
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and persuasion skills
- Well-developed project management skills and attention to detail gained through the structured delivery of large-scale, complex projects
If you have the experience required and looking to move to an interesting and varied role where you will have a huge impact on the business then we would welcome your application
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.