One of the leading commercial players in Guernsey is currently looking for a Store Manager to work within one of their flagship branded supermarket stores. This business has a rapid store opening programme and have rebranded a number of their key stores.
The store has a number of director visits and will suit someone already a Store Manager within a small Supermarket retailer. As a Store Manager you will be operating one of their branded sites managing the daily operations & the P&L and legalities of your store.
To be successfully in this position you must -
- Have store management experience within convenience or small supermarket retail
- Have led a team of 25-30 people but is still hands on.
- KPIs focus on measurable- around both financial and non-financial targets and realistic wage budgets.
- Managing and leading a team including training and development & succession planning.
- Managing and controlling stock levels - being hands on in any audits.
- Provide a legal compliant and visually presentable store.
- Must be self-motivated and driven and work well in an autonomous environment!
Relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK; lower tax rate and social security (on average an extra 4-6k per annum compared to the UK!) This is one of the sunniest places in the British Isles & as VAT has not been levied in the Channel, luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France.
This role will be situated to an Individual who going over and above for their team, is hands on and can be proud to deliver for their team and business. Though they appreciate that this is a big move they are very committed in making the relocation and on-boarding as seamless as possible. They will book initial hotel bookings & flights and you will receive full visa to work on the island. You will then have a relocation costing & accommodation allowance (£500 per month) to help you find a property. Other benefits include bonuses (profit related), pension, private healthcare and staff discount.
With the expansion happening we are open to fast-paced food, mixed-goods and value retail candidates so please apply if looking for a change of scenery! If this opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV quoting the reference Q101292.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.