Our client, an outstanding retail business, is looking for someone to head up their Food Technical Team. This position - Technical Manager, will oversee the team covering chilled/fresh food in the run-up to the launch of a new range of own-brand chilled food.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and retaining the company's high technical standards across all own brand categories
- Developing long term strategies for product sustainability, quality and competitive advantage
- Building strong relationships within the supply base and representing the business on external panels
- Assisting in setting the direction for product development
- Managing, coaching and developing the technologist team
The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to demonstrate:
- Proven, commercially-focused Technical Management experience
- Technical knowledge in a number of different product categories, preferably chilled
- Excellent stakeholder management and networking skills, particularly at senior levels of business
- Team management and budget management experience
- Flexibility to travel nationwide and overseas
- A passion for food and delivering fantastic products
If you are looking for an opportunity to raise your profile in the food industry while working for an innovative and growing business, then please apply with an up to date CV
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £60k along with excellent benefits.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.