Connecting to LinkedIn...


Tesco to buy Booker in landmark £3.7 billion merger

Friday 27 January 2017 - Posted by Ben Stevens

The UK’s biggest supermarket has announced a landmark £3.7 billion deal to acquire the Booker group. Booker is the UK’s largest food wholesaler and owns convenience chains Londis and Budgens among other brands, and the milestone deal valued Booker at 205.3p a share - 12 per ce...


Poundland to introduce Pep & Co concessions across 50 stores

Tuesday 17 January 2017 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Fledgling budget fashion retailer Pep & Co will now sell its range in 50 Poundland stores around the UK. Steinhoff, the South African conglomerate which owns Pep & Co, purchased Poundland last year for £610 million following a troubled acquisition process. Concessions selling ...


House of Fraser welcomes "record sales figures"

Wednesday 11 January 2017 - Posted by Ben Stevens

House of Fraser's Christmas trading update has revealed record sales amid a troubled quarter. In the six weeks to December 31 the department store chain posted a 2.7 per cent rise in like-for-like sales alongside a gross margin growth of one per cent. According to the retailer...


Boohoo acquires Pretty Little Thing in £3.3 million deal

Wednesday 14 December 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens has acquired key online fashion rival Pretty Little Thing in a deal worth £3.3 million. Following an upgrade of its profit guidance allowance following a strong Black Friday, Boohoo will aquire 66 per cent of Pretty Little Thing, with the remaining 34 per cent stayi...


Poundland moves away from £1 model

Friday 09 December 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Poundland has announced that it will move away from its single price model and offer a broader range of products. The discount retailer was recently acquired by South African giant Steinhoff in an arduous take over process for £635 million. Steinhoff has now announced that it ...


JD Sports buys Go Outdoors

Monday 28 November 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Go Outdoors has been acquired by sportswear giant JD Sports in a £112.3 million deal. JD Sports has bought the outdoor retailers 58 store UK empire from private equity owners YFM Equity Partners and 3i Group. The new acquisition will also see both of Go Outdoors founders Paul ...


Sainsbury's CEO Mike Coupe demands suppliers take inflation hit

Thursday 10 November 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Sainsbury’s chief executive Mike Coupe has made a statement urging suppliers to “mitigate their own cost pressures” before raising costs. Stating that many suppliers “profits are far higher than ours”, Coupe reassured consumers he was doing everything in his power to hold off ...


The Cotswold Company's new owner will take "business to the next level"

Monday 03 October 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

The Cotswold Company has announced it has been bought by private equity company True Capital. True Capital has promised its recent acquisition will see the furniture retailer expand its product and category ranges and expand its outlet reach nationwide. Furthermore, it has sta...


Cath Kidston's new owners are taking on Asia

Monday 03 October 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Cath Kidston Group has been acquired by Asian private equity company Baring Asia and its chairman is to step down. The lifestyle brand has attained new ownership after its previous majority stakeholder TA Associates sold its shares to Baring Asia, who have now become the contr...


Sainsbury's second quarter results remain solid amid escalating price wars

Wednesday 28 September 2016 - Posted by Ben Stevens

Sainsbury’s second quarter results indicate a decline in like-for-like sales by 1.1 per cent and a 0.4 per cent decline in total sales. This is better than original predictions of a drop by at least 1.9 per cent by Deutsch Bank earlier this week amid continuing food deflation ...