YouTube’s latest list of the UK’s most-viewed and most engaging ads of 2017 have placed John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Sainsbury’s firmly in the top 10.
The brands are the only retailers in the top 10, coming in at second, third and sixth respectively, and their ads were all released for the Christmas trading period.
The top 10 showed that Christmas advertisements were big business, with a third of the top 10 of the whole year being released around the time of Christmas.
YouTube’s UK ad rankings are determined by an algorithm that factors in organic and paid video views, audience engagement (watch time, likes and shares) and audience retention (how much of a video people watched).
Here’s the full top 10 list:
1. Google Pixel 2 | Questioning?
2. John Lewis Christmas Ad 2017 | Moz The Monster
3. M&S Christmas TV Ad 2017 | Paddington & The Christmas Visitor
4. Free to go. Free to stay. | giffgaff
5. Use your #PowerToDecide. Vote on 8th June. | YouTube
6. Sainsbury’s Christmas 2017 Ad | #everybitofChristmas
7. Go Binge | Three UK
8. The Secret to Every Handmade Domino’s is…. | Domino’s Pizza UK & ROI
9. Hyundai | “Shackleton’s Return”
10. Watch the Champions League Final | BT Sport