Maus Frères’ buyout of The Kooples approved

609
The Kooples
// French competition authority approves Swiss group Maus Frères’ buyout of The Kooples
// The Kooples will be integrated into the Maus Frères portfolio within weeks
// Maus Frères is reportedly acquiring 100% of The Kooples’ shares

The Swiss parent company of Lacoste and Gant, Maus Frères, has had its negotiations for a buyout of The Kooples approved by the French competition authority.

Following the approval, The Kooples will be integrated into the Maus Frères portfolio within weeks.

The Swiss company is reportedly acquiring 100 per cent of The Kooples’ shares, 80 per cent of which are currently owned by the founding Elicha family, while the remaining 20 per cent are owned by LBO France.

The French competition authority noted in its report: “The Kooples Group is a family-owned Belgian company, principally active in the retail distribution of clothing and footwear, via The Kooples brand.”

The Kooples currently operates in 14 countries, including France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, the US, Spain, Ireland, Denmark, Canada, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, Italy and the UK.

Click here to sign up to Retail Gazette‘s free daily email newsletter